My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 25 May 2012

Tim Holtz Tags - May


This month's tag on Tim Holtz's blog has been another exercise in inventiveness. I had none of the required elements so have had to wing it. I stamped the lady image (from a grab bag so I have no idea where it's from), added the fake cross stitches and covered them with an old paper pattern I found at the charity shop. It had a yellowed, vintage tinge to it already but I highlighted it with frayed burlap DI. I found the cotton reel images online and stuck one onto a flattened bottlecap with a covering of glossy accents. The dummy is a template from Lisa Vollrath's Go Make Something site embossed with a houndstooth folder and the stand has been fashioned from part of TH's hanging sign die. I made the hanger out of wire and used a Cuttlebug embossing border for the tape measure which I highlighted with black ink. The cotton reel is hand drawn with kitchen twine wrapped around and I made a little square box to mount it on to give it some dimension. I don't have a melt pot so I rubbed pigment ink onto the flowers and dunked them into UTEE several times. Some red & black ribbon finished off the tag. Roll on June!

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely and full of ideas!I have to try to make those little hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Scrapmate, thank you for your comment last week.
    Great cards Scrap. the LIM card so sweet and perfect CAS card, i like your BIG heart leaving of the chimney:D great idea!, all your cards are a fantastic job.
    A hug from supersunny island.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...